About Woods Square Woodlands Regional Centre Master Plan 2014
- The Woodlands Regional Centre will be a key commercial cluster in the North.
- Covers over 100ha of land, comparable to Tampines Regional Centre & Jurong Lake District.
- Comprises 2 districts: Woodlands Central and Woodlands North Coast.
- From 2000, Woodlands’ population grew over 30% (from 188,672).
- As at 2014, Woodlands’ population stood at 250,180.
- Planned to be developed over the next 10 to 15 years as a live-work-play centre.
- Estimated to offer 100,000 new jobs when it is fully developed.
- It will be well-connected to the city via the North-South, and future Thomson MRT lines, and to Malaysia via the future cross-border rail link.
Woods Square Woodlands · About Woodlands Central
- Planned to be a pedestrian-friendly regional retail hub with new offices, retail shops and a retail mall.
- With seamless connectivity to Woodlands MRT station and bus interchange.
- More commercial and shopping options will be made available progressively in Woodlands Central, with the future pedestrian mall running through the heart of the district and to Woodlands North Coast and upwards.
Woods Square Woodlands · About Woodlands North Coast
- It will feature “Green Boulevards”.
- The streets will be lined with eateries and amenities.
- An integrated transport hub at the heart of the Woodlands North Coast will house offices, restaurants & shops above a bus interchange, and connect underground to the Woodlands North MRT station & cross-border rail link to Johor
- This will be the first Business Park Cluster in the north, in proximity to Malaysia with the future cross-border rail link.
There will be about 350,000sqm of new office and retail space to anchor the area as a regional hub of opportunities.
For more details on the Woodlands Regional Centre and development of the Woodlands North Coast, click here. (Opens in new window)